{Original Jute Headbands and Designs} {Love to Dress you Nest} {Handmade with Love}

Monday, March 19, 2012

***Snow Flakes in a Blizzard***

Happy St. Patrick's Day Weekend



We Finally had our first Snow of the Year! We had to hold out a long time for this storm. I would have loved to have a white Christmas, but nope we had ourselves a white St. Patricks Day instead. I'll take it! 
This was Amelie's first time playing in and enjoying the snow. She loved watching the snowflakes fall and would hold out her hand trying to capture as many as she could. I love this stage she is in right now. She is soaking up Everything. Chad and I have a walking imitator, anything from our sounds, actions, singing....








 I love the snow, well in moderation and when I am not the one driving...oh and when it doesn't result in a 5 day power outage! I love the peaceful sound to the air, it's as if the world is pausing for a moment.  As I watched the largest snowflakes I have ever seen fall from the sky I was caught in amazement of God's handy work.  There was a documentary I watched awhile back called "Tilt a Whirl" and he used a line that struck a cord in me... "Snowflakes in a Blizzard".  Don't you just love the way that sounds. We are unique, individual, special, crafted by our Fathers hands chosen to live in this beautiful blizzard of a world. 
 I am a snowflake. Completely different than any other individual. I completely understand the pressures of this world. But why do we continue to try to keep up with it, we are only damaging the edges of our snowflake.  Trying to re-create a different image than what God has designed for us to be. My true desire is to see the beauty and characteristics in others and respect it, not feel the pressure of "keeping up".  I know how hard it can be to see someone who is perfect on the outside, or seems to have it all together and be envious of it or get down on yourself. But what if we were to stop those feelings before the enemy lets them take over. What  if we were to give a compliment, or to just be kind when you are having those jealous feelings. Then we would not be letting the devil win.  I want to be a strong snowflake, one whose edges don't wear off and melt into the mixture of society.  I want to pay compliments more, admire Gods creation in others beauty and not be envious, and be more approachable with others. Yes, we are snowflakes in a blizzard, but it is up to how we blow around. Are we going to toss and be swayed by the ways of the world or will we choose to be strong in who our Father designed us to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment